Join our Winning Team at WinCo Foods
Start your journey to ownership today!
COMMITMENT TO INCLUSIVITY
What does the future hold at WinCo Foods?
Your Career in Retail
We do this by outlining clear career paths, developing internal programs to ready our future leaders, and investing in higher education for our employee owners.
A career at WinCo is exciting and energizing. The company will support you and help you grow in many ways, including:
- Become a Department Manager: The Manager-In-Training Program provides classroom and on-the-job training to help you lead a department
- Learn new skills through the WinCo Edge: WinCo offers thousands of free online summaries, books and courses to help you get better every day
- Lead a Store: Join the Manager Apprentice Program and learn how to become a Store Manager
- College? Yes, College! WinCo provides tuition assistance for the 8-course Retail Management Certificate Program offered through community colleges
- Ashford University Online: Get 20% tuition savings for you and your family
— Video —
Who is WinCo Foods?
- Our humble beginnings start in 1967
- In 1985, we became employee-owned. It all started with the meeting that ultimately led to the formation of the 4th largest ESOP in the nation
- You can become a part of this story today!
What is it about WinCo Foods that makes both our Customers and our Employee Owners so dedicated to us?
We make lives better by offering the absolute lowest possible prices, every aisle, every day.
Do you want to be part of our Winning Company? Apply Today!
How does employee ownership work?
- You get an annual gift of WinCo stock equaling 20% of what you make
- Just for working hard with your fellow employee owners
- In six years it’s all yours, no matter what
Watch the video to learn more about employee ownership.
— What Makes WinCo Special? —
Our employee owner benefits!
A career at WinCo Foods is more than just a paycheck. We offer a multitude of benefits not available with other companies.
IS THERE ROOM FOR GROWTH?
Yes! WinCo features a variety of ways employee owners can advance in retail, distribution and at our General Office.
Our employee owners enjoy one of the best total rewards package in the business, which includes:
- Competitive pay
- Annual stock gift equal to 20% of pay (ESOP)
- Comprehensive health, dental and eye benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
WinCo Foods honors diversity and celebrates the differences in everybody. We are built from and reflect the communities we serve and we believe in creating an equal opportunity for everyone to make a difference at our employee-owned company.
Choose your career path
There are a wide variety of roles in our stores, all equally important. Start your career in one of these areas:
- Loss Prevention
DISTRIBUTION CENTERS & TRANSPORTATION
WinCo’s Distribution Centers and Transportation hubs are a crucial part of our business.
Love logistics? Check out what’s available in our Best in Class Distribution Centers or drive and work in our clean,
modern Class 8 Tractors.
- DC Management
BOISE GENERAL OFFICE
WinCo Foods’ General Office in Boise, ID presents a variety of opportunities supporting our employee owners in the store and in the field.
Opportunities are available in a variety of departments, including:
- Information Technology
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity—from our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiences—is essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
— WinCo Foods Career Blog —
Stories of Employee Ownership
What’s it like working at WinCo Foods? Read our Careers Blog for a first-hand account of what it’s like to be a part of our employee-owned company – as told by people that once stood in the same place as you, at the starting line of a life-changing opportunity…